Day Care Anaesthesia
The Day Care Anaesthesia SIG aims to promote science and education through the exchange of ideas between anaesthetists with a particular interest and involvement in day care anaesthesia and the interaction with other individuals / groups, who share an interest in day care anaesthesia.
The SIG has about 1000 registered members.
The executive of the Day Care Anaesthesia SIG meets regularly, usually via teleconference, to discuss matters related to the group's area of interest. Please feel free to contact any of the listed executive members.
The activities of the SIG may include:
- Organising SIG scientific sessions at major annual scientific meetings / congresses and other independent SIG meetings.
- Organising independent SIG meetings on other occasions with the approval of the Anaesthesia Continuing Education Co-ordinating Committee (ACECC).
- Providing a resource with respect to the appropriate standards of care in the area of special interest.
- Providing advice to the Anaesthesia Continuing Education Co-ordinating Committee on the distribution of educational material and to ANZCA, the Australian Society of Anaesthestists or the New Zealand Society of Anaesthetists on liaison with similar organisations in other regions of the world.
Events10th International Congress on Ambulatory Surgery, May 2013, Budapest
For further information, please click here.
- ANZCA professional standards: PS15 : Recommendations for the Perioperative Care of Patients Selected for Day Care Surgery
- Day Surgery Development and Practice by the International Association for Ambulatory Surgery.
- Clinical Ambulatory Anaesthesia by Johan Raeder.
- Day Care Anaesthesia: Fundamentals of Anaesthesia and Acute Medicine by Ian Smith.
- Ambulatory Anesthesia and Perioperative Analgesia by Susan Steele.
- Handbook of Ambulatory Anesthesia 2nd edition by Rebecca Twersky.
|Chair||Dr Ken Sleeman||QLD|
|Member||Dr Judy Bent||NZ|
|Member||Dr Guy Buchanan||ACT|
|Member||Dr Mae Chen||VIC|
|Member||Dr Diana Cooper||NSW|
|Member||Dr Shravani Gupta||NSW|
|Member||Dr Paul Herreen||SA|
|Member||Dr James Hosking||QLD|
|Member||Dr Brian Lewer||QLD|
|Member||Dr Chantal McNally||VIC|
|Member||Dr Anica Vasic||NSW|
|Member||Dr Crispin Wan||VIC|