Please click here to view the program.
Registration is now open. Please click here to register online using your college ID, or contact the event secretariat.
- Fellows and non-members: $A220
- Trainees, retired fellows, and allied health: $A165
All registration fees are in Australian dollars and inclusive of GST.
DISCLAIMER: To participate in the QA session and workshops, active participation will be required. All participants' should have their video and audio on during the session and workshop/s.
The overall meeting registration is available to all anaesthetists and trainees who are members of ANZCA or ASA. For the QA session, only trainees and anaesthetists can register (ie no medical students, no prevocational trainees).
This is the fourth session of the Saturday program where the format changes. It will be run as a quality assurance (QA) session with an introductory presentation followed by small-group case discussions and a group summary.
- Specific registration (opt-in) is required at meeting registration (no extra cost).
- Attendees will be expected to bring a case relating to an anaesthesia incident or challenge that they would be prepared to share in a small-group discussion and be willing to reflect on.
- Attendees will be expected to have video on and participate actively during the QA small group discussions.
- The overall meeting registration is available to all anaesthetists and trainees who are members of ANZCA or ASA. For this QA session, only trainees and anaesthetists can register (ie no medical students, no prevocational trainees).
The following workshops are available on Sunday 29 August (9am-12.30pm):
Anaesthesia for the cardiac patient undergoing non-cardiac surgery
Facilitators: Dr Hieu Lam and Dr Frank Schneider
Facilitators: Dr Jenni Fu and Dr Jen Dixon
Small group discussion - Paediatric TIVA
Facilitator: Dr Benjamin Hallett
Trauma for the occasional trauma anaesthetist
Facilitators: Dr Earlene Silvapulle and Dr Ned Douglas
Transition to retirement
Facilitator: Dr Rod Westhorpe
Veterinary anaesthesia: a brief exploration
Facilitator: Associate Professor Thierry Beths
- Specific registration (opt-in) is required at meeting registration (additional cost per workshop).
- Workshops are limited to one per person. Further registration to others will be offered should places become available.
- Pre-reading will be sent leading up to the day.
- Attendees will be expected to have their video on and participate actively during the workshops.
Participants in the ANZCA and FPM CPD Program will automatically have their attendance accredited to their CPD portfolio within 14 days of the conclusion of the meeting.
ANZCA and FPM CPD Program approval
This event is claimable by ANZCA and FPM CPD participants within the knowledge and skills and emergency responses categories.
- Lecture sessions – fellows will be able to claim one point per hour under CPD Knowledge and Skills “Learning Session”.
- Quality assurance component – fellows will be able to claim two points per hour for the group discussions CPD Practice Evaluation “Case Conference”.
- Workshops – workshops attended will be claimable in your ANZCA CPD portfolio under the applicable category.
If you're not a member of our CPD program
Delegates who are not participants in the ANZCA and FPM CPD Program should check with their respective colleges regarding CPD.
Join the conversation on Twitter by using the event hashtag #MelWin21
For further information contact the event secretariat via email or call +61 3 8517 5313.