Matching oxygen delivery to metabolic demands
Please join our webinar on 'Matching oxygen delivery to metabolic demands with a total oxygen delivery and vital organ monitoring platform' on Tuesday 8 November 2022 at 7-8.30pm AEDT.
Oxygen delivery to vital organs depends on an adequate amount of oxygenated blood being delivered. The amount of deliverable oxygen varies based on oxygen saturation, hemoglobin concentration, intravascular fluid volume, and cardiac output.
Therefore, while oxygen saturation and blood pressure are important factors, they are only part of the equation; ultimately, to accurately assess oxygen delivery to tissues minute by minute, we also need to be able to continuously measure hemoglobin, fluid responsiveness, and cardiac output. Masimo’s integrated multi-modal monitoring platform, LiDCO®, enables measurement of beat-by-beat oxygen delivery.
In addition to measuring the delivery of oxygen to the tissues, the Masimo LiDCO platform allows measurement of vital organ oxygen consumption. As such, the platform provides clinicians with a plethora of essential monitoring data to help them precisely adjust oxygen delivery to match the metabolic demand of vital organs.
- Review the history of pulse oximetry, a life-saving invention that has evolved as the ability to derive additional clinically relevant information from this noninvasive measurement has grown through advances in technology.
- Learn about the availability of a multi-modal monitoring solution that measures key parameters related to oxygen delivery and vital organ oxygen consumption, offering clinicians valuable insights to help them adjust oxygen delivery to match the metabolic demand of vital organs.
We would like to thank Masimo for supporting this webinar.
If you are not a member you can still register. Please scroll down to "Registration" below.
We are pleased to welcome the following speaker:
Consultant in Anaesthesia and Neurotrauma Critical Care Associate Professor, University of Cambridge Senior Medical Director (Part-time), Masimo
We would like to thank the speakers who donate many hours of their time to organise, prepare and present.
Registration is now open. Register online with your college ID.
All other delegates such as non members, including allied health and other medical specialties can also register online. Please select “Create a new account” and enter your details. Once you are set up, search for the event and register. You will also be able to use your ID number and password to register for future meetings. If you require assistance, please contact events.
Included in your registration:
- Ability to send through questions prior to the live Q&A stream
- Access to a live stream of the Q&A
- Access to a recording of this live stream and also the presentations to watch on demand for up to 12 months post the webinar.
Continuing professional development (CPD)
Participants in the ANZCA and FPM CPD Program will automatically have their attendance accredited to their CPD portfolio within 14 days of the conclusion of the meeting.
Please note, in order to receive your CPD points, you are required to register for this webinar.
If you are not participating in the ANZCA and FPM CPD Program, please check with your respective colleges regarding CPD.
Join the conversation on Twitter by following the @ANZCA page.
For further information, please contact us.
Online, via Zoom