Education committee seeking new member
17 November 2023
Interested in joining ANZCA’s Education Development and Evaluation Committee (EDEC)? Expressions of interest open until 5 January 2024.
We're looking to appoint two new members to our Education Development and Evaluation Committee (EDEC) which works with fellows, trainees and SIMGs and ANZCA Council to ensure ongoing evaluation and quality improvement of ANZCA educational activities, including the ANZCA training program, and the development of new educational offerings.
EDEC supports activities across ANZCA's educational programs through:
- Undertaking education development projects.
- Providing feedback and input to educational strategy, project proposals, recommendations and responses to external organisations.
- Conducting needs analyses to develop and enhance teaching, learning, assessment, and accreditation.
- Supporting the development of resources and processes.
- Inputting to educational technology initiatives.
- Overseeing the development, evaluation and review of workplace based assessments within the anaesthesia training program.
- Overseeing the ANZCA Educators Subcommittee and newly established curriculum review subcommittee.
Who are we looking for?
Appointment of members will take into account previous experience with ANZCA education activities; expertise in medical education, supervision, training, and assessment; and experience in evaluation, quality improvement or development in medical education and training. We encourage and promote diversity, equal opportunity and regional representation on all our committees, so these factors will also be considered as part of the appointment process.
What is the commitment?
EDEC meets face to face (hybrid) three times a year, and online twice a year. Members are expected to contribute actively to working groups across various educational projects, evaluation activities and ongoing development of all aspects of the ANZCA training program.
How to apply
To apply, or request a copy of the terms of reference, please email us by 5 January 2024 with your CV, including referees, and a brief explanation of why you would like to join.