Careers at ANZCA
Who we are
The Australian and New Zealand College of Anaesthetists (ANZCA) incorporating the Faculty of Pain Medicine (FPM) is dedicated to promoting professional standards and patient safety in the areas of anaesthesia, perioperative and pain medicine. Our college is at the forefront of specialist medical education and continues to evolve to meet the changing demands of the profession and the patients it serves. Our vision is:
- To be a recognised world leader in training, education, research, and in setting standards for anaesthesia and pain medicine.
- To reduce the burden of pain on society through education, advocacy, training and research.
Our people come from a diverse range of backgrounds and are vibrant and passionate about achieving our mission and vision. They lead busy lives and it's important to us that they can balance exciting and meaningful careers with outside commitments. This is why we are committed to a culture that invests in the professional and personal development of our people.
Where we're located
We are based at ANZCA House in the grounds of a heritage-listed mansion on St Kilda Road, Melbourne. We also have regional offices in Canberra, Sydney, Brisbane, Adelaide, Perth, and Hobart. Our New Zealand office is located in Wellington.
Why work with us?
We offer employment benefits and a working environment that contribute to our people’s health, safety and wellbeing, personal and professional development and supports an inclusive, equitable, and respectful college culture. We offer:
- Salary packaging options including salary sacrifice
- Flexible working arrangements including hybrid office and working from home options
- Professional development opportunities supporting lifelong learning and career growth
- Member advantage program with access to discounted lifestyle benefits and leisure activities
- A Social and Wellbeing Committee that facilitates an annual calendar of events, celebrating the diversity of our people and focussing on what is important to us, such as cultural celebrations, volunteering and wellbeing classes
- Free confidential counselling service to support us and our close family through life’s challenges via our Employee Assistance Program
- A staff recognition program that celebrates the success of our people, whether it is the level of customer service we provide, innovative practices or dedicated length of service to the college
- Additional college provided leave over the Christmas period
- Additional personal leave per year
- Market leading parental leave – we provide 12 week’s pay to employees taking parental leave irrespective of primary or secondary carer status. We continue to pay superannuation while our parents are on unpaid parental leave.
Inclusion and diversity
ANZCA is an equal opportunity employer. The diversity of our people is a key strength and we are working to create an inclusive environment where people have purposeful work, feel valued and connected, and are challenged and inspired to grow.
We embrace and value the diverse society we live within and consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, colour, national origin, religion, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation or age.
We strongly encourage Aboriginal, Torres Strait Islander and Māori applicants to apply for any of our current opportunities. Should there be no appropriate current opportunities, we encourage people to express their interest in working for the college by clicking the “expressions of interest” button and submitting their resume to us.