Environmental Sustainability Network
The Environmental Sustainability Network (ESN) advocates, collaborates and promotes initiatives and projects related to environmental sustainability within anaesthesia, perioperative and pain medicine and is available to fellows, trainees, SIMGs and non-ANZCA members
The vision of the ESN is “to position ANZCA as a proactive leader and advocate in environmental sustainability”. As a member of the ESN, you will be able to:
- Engage in a community of practice with others who hold similar interests and expertise in environmental sustainability.
- Network and engage in mentoring activities.
- Stay informed on the latest developments in environmental sustainability within the network.
- Receive invitations to attend webinars and events supported by the college.
- Collaborate on projects that relate to environmental sustainability.
- Receive consideration from the ESN Executive to promote and develop your research in environmental sustainability, including the newly created ANZCA research grant in sustainability.
Areas of interest
The network offers three different areas of interest. You are welcome to join any or all the areas or opt to only receive general network updates. The portfolios include:
- Advancing sustainable practice – working with healthcare industry and healthcare services in reducing their environmental impact.
- Promoting sustainability research – driving research and translation through collaboration and mentorship.
- Supporting sustainability education – creating materials to inform the profession and the wider community.
Environmental Sustainability projects
Are you currently involved in a sustainability project you would like to promote through the ESN? You can tell us about it when you sign up, or email email@example.com
The ESN reports its activities and initiatives to the Professional Affairs Executive Committee (PAEC) and is overseen by an executive.