DipPOM recognition pathways
A recognition pathway is open to eligible practitioners, across the different specialties, to apply for legacy transition to the DipPOM. Applications for the recognition process will be accepted until 1 December 2023.
This ‘grandparenting’ process is open to medical specialists who have experience in the field of perioperative medicine, through education, teaching, research, clinical practice and/or demonstrated leadership.
Those who receive the DipPOM through the recognition pathway process are encouraged to support the diploma delivery through clinical supervision and education.
Information regarding clinical supervision and education can be found here.
Eligibility to be awarded the DipPOM, through the recognition pathway process, is assessed on the following criteria:
- Be a registered medical practitioner with the relevant medical board authority.
- Have experience working in the perioperative medicine field.
- Be a practicing fellow of one of the following colleges:
- Australian and New Zealand College of Anaesthetists (ANZCA)
- College of Intensive Care Medicine (CICM)
- Royal Australasian College of Physicians (RACP)
- Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (RACS)
The recognition criteria for Category D points (clinical experience) in the application form for the following colleges is under consideration:
- Australian College of Rural and Remote Medicine (ACRRM)
- Royal Australian College of General Practitioners (RACGP)
- Royal New Zealand College of General Practitioners (RNZCGP)
Please note: Practitioners from specialist medical colleges not listed above are not eligible for legacy transition to the DipPOM. Full details of the process can be found in the DipPOM recognition pathway guidance document.
To apply for the DipPOM via the recognition pathway, applicants must:
- Complete the application form.
- Attach the required documentation.
- Provide credit card details on the application form to enable processing of the application administration fee.
If you have any questions please visit our FAQ page or email us.