There is a recognition pathway open to eligible practitioners across the different specialties to apply for legacy transition to be a graduate of the Chapter of Perioperative Medicine - GChPOM.
General applications for the recognition process have closed.
Applicants from the Australian College of Rural and Remote Medicine, Royal Australian College of General Practitioners, and Royal New Zealand College of General Practitioners will be accepted until 1 September 2024 (due to the later opening of the application process for these colleges).
This ‘grandparenting’ process is open to medical specialists who have experience in the field of perioperative medicine, through education, teaching, research, clinical practice and/or demonstrated leadership.
Those who receive the qualification through the recognition pathway process are encouraged to support the course delivery through clinical supervision and education.
Information regarding clinical supervision and education can be found here.
Eligibility to be awarded the graduate of the Chapter of Perioperative Medicine (ANZCA), through the recognition pathway process, is assessed on the following criteria:
- Be a registered medical practitioner with the relevant medical board authority.
- Have experience working in the perioperative medicine field.
- Be a practicing fellow of one of the following colleges:
- Australian and New Zealand College of Anaesthetists (ANZCA)
- College of Intensive Care Medicine (CICM)
- Royal Australasian College of Physicians (RACP)
- Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (RACS)
- Australian College of Rural and Remote Medicine (ACRRM)
- Royal Australian College of General Practitioners (RACGP)
- Royal New Zealand College of General Practitioners (RNZCGP)
Please note: Practitioners from specialist medical colleges not listed above are not eligible for legacy transition to graduate of the Chapter of Perioperative Medicine (ANZCA). Full details of the process can be found in the recognition pathway guidance document.
To apply for the recognition pathway, applicants must:
- Complete the application form.
- Attach the required documentation.
- Provide credit card details on the application form to enable processing of the application administration fee.
If you have any questions please visit our FAQ page or email us.